Team selection 101 or how seven at the toss (useful in duping Hilversum into letting us bat) can magically turn into 12 during the first innings
11 for Zami II clash with Hilversum June 2nd received from organizer/film star Avinash Tewari, after all of Zami I&II went to a fancy dress party @Quick (with notes):
2. Hassan (scandalously disputed an umpiring decision);
3. Jaap (sacrificed his batting place for a person 59 years younger, took a wicket));
4. Chantal (talented recruiter, scored a run and took a wicket);
5. Gijs (biff, boom, biff 41, kept wicket, caught a ball);
6. Bilal (unhurried, relaxed, chilled, insouciant, unconcerned, unbothered, calm … almost to the point of somnolence, 46);
7. Arijit (reversed cap multiple-personality bowling syndrome, scampers between wickets);
8. Charan (lost, possibly in The Hague, replaced by Ajeet, a keeper with a damaged hand who couldn’t keep but did have gloves & pads to lend Gijs);
9. Benjamin’s mate (apparently he does not have a mate, so replaced by Hassan’s mate, a Yorkshireman from Zwolle who also bowled with the cap reversed, acceptable given his accent. Unleashed a fast beamer at an unhelmeted batsman who overhead-smashed him for six);
10. ZAMI II (absent lost in the trailer, replaced by 13-year-old leggie Thijmen Hoffman, playing strictly on terms agreed by his manager/agent/minder Tushar Sharma);
11. ZAMI II (absent trashed in the trailer, replaced by 26-year-old offie Samanyu Chauhan/brutal slogger Ashmit Aghrawal (=2×13)).
Result: Kampong “Zami II” 178 all out, Hilversum 184/3 in 27.3.
Many thanks to Thijmen, Samanyu and Ashmit for batting, bowling, fielding and stepping up to help us make something of a game of it.